New Technologies?

Joe Pompei pompei at audia.music.nwu.edu
Fri Mar 28 13:56:28 EST 1997

I'm cultivating my interest in audiology and hearing sciences, and
because I am relatively new in the field (my background is music,
spatial psychoacoustics and physical acoustics/DSP) I'd like to learn
about some of the current hearing aid/implant technologies which are
available or under development.

	I'm particularly interested in binaural (wireless) hearing aids,
hearing aids with DSP, and the learning process/adaptation relating to
hearing aid use.

	Before I choose a research path, and enter a degree program, I need to
learn as much as I can about the field.

	Any references, testimonial, advice, or encouragement from other
researchers is more than welcome!

	Regards,

	Joe Pompei