rcb5 at MSN.COM
Thu May 29 22:39:05 EST 1997
I am interested in the SETI project. If you were an alien civilization and
wanted to transmit information about yourself to the rest of the universe
what frequency do you think they would choose. Any frequency you
choose you have to be willing to send it for millions of years. My
knowledge in this area is very poor by the way. So you can do
as well as I can. Assume you must chose only one answer which
one would it be. I will tabulate the responses and forward the
data to SETI. I am sure that other choices should be presented
but I do not know what they would be. Send only the number. Ron Blue
1. Any frequencies that technically could go the greatest distances
relative to the know physical characteristics of the universe.
2. Special frequencies that have psychological characteristics like
radio frequencies associated with water because water equals
3. Frequencies associated with life - ie lightening in an
4. Frequencies that could penerate an earth type atmosphere which
means certain frequencies would not be used.
5. Only frequencies that could NOT penerate an earth type atmosphere
because only a space traveling species could receive them.
6. Very high frequencies of harmonics of the acceptable
psychologically related life connected frequencies.
7. Certain microwave frequencies that were proposed to power
space crafts from earth by transmitting the power to them.
8. Frequencies used to transmit TV.
9. Frequencies associated with the radio frequencies reflected
from our moon.
More information about the Audiolog