(no subject)

Jose A Nepomuceno nepo001 at ibm.net
Tue Nov 11 09:44:06 EST 1997

We are dealing with a employees group exposed to 104 dB(A)/12 h shift,
Q=5dB/double time. Using a double protection with plug+muff and with OSHA
procedures to evaluate the protect exposition levels we have 82 dB(A)/12
h shift for the group. No impact noise.  Client would like to work with
the employees group up to 12 months under this levels and would like to
know the risks for the hearing levels. Is audiometric test from 6 to 6
months recomended under this exposure? Most of people are young, 22 to
30, many first job, no HTL more tahn 25 dB median from 500 Hz to 4 kHz.
References of exposition at 82 dB(A)/12 h shift needed because most of
the papers deals with 85 dB(A) or more. Regards. Jose.