wax accumulation

Noral D. Stewart noral at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 17 13:24:57 EST 1997

G. M. Alf wrote:

> One of our fitters has suggested that there seems to be a greater
> accumulation of wax in the ear a person tends to sleep on.
>
> Has anyone noticed this?
>
> I'm not so sure this would be the case since most people shift
> position several times during the night.
>
> Mike

Reminds me of a story.

Several years ago I was working on a university research project to
reduce noise of textile machinery.  I had some machine parts in my
office.  A university maintenance person saw them and asked about them.
He then said he had worked in noisy textile factories many years, and
only went deaf twice.  Today he had good hearing.  Seems he made his own
earplugs from a very heavy wax build up that had to be removed to
restore his hearing.

Noral Stewart