Fitting hearing aids without real ear.

gandalf at infi.net gandalf at infi.net
Fri Nov 21 23:10:05 EST 1997

Your opinion is valuable, as are others. Denigrating me by assuming that I am
bragging about a low return rate is beneath my comment, so I will let it pass.
I understand completely the ins and outs of real ear hearing aid fitting. It
does not require a brain surgeon to do read a dial or to manipilate a
frequency response. I assume you charge mightily fot the privilege of your
customers getting this wonderful technology, plus it makes it seem that you
are on the cutting edge of technology. You argue expertise, but what you
say is money, money, money. Well, sir, I have renounced trying to boost my ego
at the expense of my patients. I am willing to go the extra mile, to try any
formula which will aid them in their quest for better hearing. I have climbed
that mountain and have rejected it. For you to condemn me with your supposed
superiority is laughable. I have thousands of patients who respect and seek
out my advice, counsel and expertise. What you think is (in the words of Star
Trek Voyager's "7",)   irrelevant.

Michael