group hearing aid orientation

mark ross markross at UCONNVM.UCONN.EDU
Sun Nov 30 18:49:44 EST 1997

Kevin:

   I'm painfully aware that the economic realities of our time often
influence or dictate health coverage of all types. My point, as I
explain at length in the article I referred to, is that a short-term a/r
program (let's call it group hearing aid orientation) can be bundled
into the hearing aid dispensing process with positive, rather
than negative, financial implications. I'd be glad to send you a copy of
the article if you want.

The more basic question is whether the profession generally agrees that
people who are fitted with hearing aids, and their significant others,
require more, and more varied, follow-up services than is generally
provided. I think so, and the research on the effectiveness of follow-up
programs supports this view.

Mark Ross