Aural Rehabilitation and Hearing Aids

Kevin Pons kpons at BYELECTRIC.COM
Sun Nov 30 10:55:53 EST 1997

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BCFD76.2E3932C0

The historic beginnings of audiology are clearly honorable and we still =
needed to keep our mission of service to the hearing impaired foremost =
in our thoughts as we provide services to the hearing impaired.  The =
reality of the service however requires Audiologists to provide services =
that will generate income for our own private practices or the =
corporations which employ us.  If these services do not generate =
sufficient income and profit, the service will cease to exist.  If =
patients in sufficient quantity are unwilling or unable to pay for these =
services and if insurance companies do not recognize these services as a =
payable service then these services will not be offered very long.  The =
cost of hearing aids with appropriate and sufficient sophistication is =
already prohibitive for many hearing impaired despite the fact that they =
provide a clarity of sound that is unprecedented.  The noble foundations =
of Audiology, the needs of  our patients, the reality of the marketplace =
and the intransigence of insurance company create a situation which is =
problematic.

Sincerely,

Kevin C. Pons

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BCFD76.2E3932C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The historic beginnings of audiology are clearly =
honorable and=20
we still needed to keep our mission of service to the hearing impaired =
foremost=20
in our thoughts as we provide services to the hearing impaired.&nbsp; =
The=20
reality of the service however requires Audiologists to provide services =
that=20
will generate income for our own private practices or the corporations =
which=20
employ us.&nbsp; If these services do not generate sufficient income and =
profit,=20
the service will cease to exist.&nbsp; If patients in sufficient =
quantity are=20
unwilling or unable to pay for these services and if insurance companies =
do not=20
recognize these services as a payable service then these services will =
not be=20
offered very long.&nbsp; The cost of hearing aids with appropriate and=20
sufficient sophistication is already prohibitive for many hearing =
impaired=20
despite the fact that they provide a clarity of sound that is=20
unprecedented.&nbsp; The noble foundations of Audiology, the needs =
of&nbsp; our=20
patients, the reality of the marketplace and the intransigence of =
insurance=20
company create a situation which is problematic.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Sincerely,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Kevin C. Pons</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BCFD76.2E3932C0--