Medicaid/Title XIX

Sandra and Dan Hobson danhobson at netins.net
Wed Oct 1 23:27:31 EST 1997

I know a number of States do not provide hearing aids under the optional
services for their State's poor.   I recently received an e- mail from
Wisconsin that they have to submit invoice and get $180 above that for
their service.  In talking to other durable medical goods providers in Iowa
they do not have to submit an invoice from the manufacturer i.e.
wheelchair, but are paid a flat fee.  Are there any States currently doing
a flat fee for hearing aids, ie. xx for a BTE, yy for a ITE, zz for a ITC
and prior appoval if want to fit a programmable at this time????

Electronic filing is something that seems to be a goal at Dept. of Human
Services in our State.  Have others tackled this problem?  Suggestions?
Comments?

Smile, Sandra Hobson