Hearing Depth Perception

Pmrichmond pmrichmond at aol.com
Sat Oct 11 09:14:03 EST 1997

I was recently fitted with Starkey Tympanette CIC's(Sequel non-programable) in
 both ears. I am normal up to 500 hz with a moderately severe loss in the
 higher frequencies. I am pleased with what I can now hear but am somewhat
 disatisfied with my hearing depth perception. Sounds such as the TV and
 refrigerator motor seem to be coming from within my head instead of where they
 really are. It's almost like I am wearing headphones. My ears do not feel like
 thay are plugged up though and the air vents on the aid are clean. I had
 recently tried a different aid (Perfect Ear CIC's) and did not have this
 problem, but was disatisfied with how they handled very loud sound. Any
 suggestions?

PMR