lesson plans for education auditory training?

Zipjack zip at jack.com
Sun Oct 19 12:49:30 EST 1997

ssaustrian at aol.com (SSAUSTRIAN) wrote:

>I'm a teaching of the hearing impaired.  We have recently begun an oral program
> in addition to our TC program.  I have been the teacher elected to do some
> auditory training sessions.  I have never done this before.  I would really
> appreciate some good ideas to keep myself and my kids from falling asleep
> during the audtion time.  THANKS!!!
>
>The following are my IEP goals that I need to meet:
>1) follow 1, 2 and 3 part directions
>2) provide correct responses to teacher selected sentences
>3) locate the direction of sound on different planes
>4) discriminate between whisper, quiet, and loud speech
>5) discriminate between the student's name and 2 other names with the same
> stress pattern
>6) discriminate between a two syllable trochee word and a one syllable word
>7) discriminate between expressions that  vary in length
>8) discriminate between sound patterns of varied duration containing 2 elements
>
>Please e-mail me at SSAUSTRIAN at aol.com

Don't feel that every lesson needs to address every formal goal.
If you use a variety of materials and activities, they should all be
covered eventually.  Ask the Speech therapists in your system for
help. Cooking, books with tape soundtracks, small instruments that you
can hide and make noise with for figure ground activities, are all
good places to start. See if you can borrow books with rhymes and
fingerplays like "Where is Thumbkin", for example.
The less formal and more interactive your lessons are, the better.
Remember, you are teaching them normal skills that are used in
everyday language, so use the language to teach them.
Best of luck,

Kate

clip & save

"You can tell me that it's gospel