STOP POSTING PRICING!

Zipjack zip at jack.com
Sun Oct 19 12:58:37 EST 1997

dzapala at aol.com (DZAPALA) wrote:

>Three comments:
>
>First, I think there is honest frustration on both the audiologist's part and
> our patients part.  I'm sure from the patients/consumer point of view, there
> is a perception of over pricing and greed (judging from the tenor fo this
> thread).  I would not be supprised if there are audiologists who have these
> attributes.  However, they are the exception.  The average income of an
> audiologists is about $40,000.  This for 6-7 years of college training (some
> of us have even more).

I'd love to find that "average" place and go work there!
After a Master's degree, and 5 years as a Teacher of the Speech and
Hearing Handicapped previous to my entry into Audiology, I was only
able to make 25K for a 12 month year in the Northeast.
I have returned to public school work because I must pay my student
loans back. If I wanted to starve, I'd have been an artist.

Kate

clip & save

"You can tell me that it's gospel
but I know that it's only church"