thinking about getting NoaH...

HearWHAC hearwhac at netins.net
Sat Sep 6 00:57:04 EST 1997

Chuck Michel and Diana Sowers wrote:

> I am getting ready to buy Noah software and a Hi-Pro box.  What do
> those
> of you who use NoaH think about it?

We faced this question two years ago. We had been dispensing 3M aids and
used their really neat software. It required a special box. Then we
started doing some Phonak programmables and that required another box.
Two years ago I attended the Acousticians annual meeting in Hamburg
(it's the biggest annual event in Europe) and discovered the Europeans
had pretty well settled on NOAH.

NOAH may not be the most ideal of software programs, but I'm convinced
it's going to be the standard in America. (It already is in Europe.)
More and more companies are going over to it. It's kind of like VHS
(Beta may have been better, but Sony failed in their effort to market
it) or PC's (Mac's may have been better, but Apple failed in their
effort to market it). NOAH has done the best job marketing their
software so they are going to end up with the goodies.

We use it simply because we now use Phonak, Sonar and Oticon
programmables. And we may soon want to use ReSound and Siemens/Rexton
programmables. If we didn't use NOAH, we'd have to have five different
little hand held dealies.

Sallie (Frye), what is the status of Frye buying in to HIMSA (NOAH)? The
last time I talked with you, you were still exploring the idea.

Paul Woodard ;-)