Help Needed for Child in Mexico

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at HCTC.NET
Mon Sep 8 03:46:13 EST 1997

Greetings,

I was recently approached by a member of our community for help with a 12
year old girl in Mexico who is in need of a hearing aid.  The details I
obtained was that this child underwent surgery for removal of a brain tumor
which left her with a substantial hearing loss.  Intuition tells me that
this may have been the removal of an acoustic neuroma, but the details I
have received are very hazy.  Regardless, the medical professions in Mexico
have recommended a hearing aid, which leads me to beleive that there is
some residual hearing left.  I have told this person in our community that
I would do what I could.

Is there anyone out there living or working in the Eagle Pass, TX / Piedras
Negras, Mexico region or know of an audiologist or otolaryngologist who
might help with the fitting or making of earmold impressions?  The child
lives in Montclovia, Mexico, which I believe is approximately an hour from
the Texas border in Eagle Pass.

Please email me personally if you have any ideas or leads.  Thank you very
much for your help.

Jeff