INTERFERENCE

JOHN JMCDONAL at PPD.UKY.EDU
Tue Sep 9 16:06:08 EST 1997

mark ross wrote:

> Anybody have experience, information, reports, etc. on the interference
> caused by ultrasonic motions detectors (at 25 kHz) on the operation of
> hearing aids?
>
> Mark Ross

I experience interference from motion detectors connected to light
switches
and security devices. It especially annoying when I have to sit in my
supervisor's office and my hearing aids do not work.

 I called Oticon Hearing Aids about my experience with the hearing
aids I bought from them and they called it supersonic interference. They
can
fix the problem by adding adjustments but I still have to pay for it.
At a cost of $125 per hearing aid I felt like that was a rip off.

It looks to me like poor engineering by the hearing aid manufacturers.
They are just now getting around to admitting the problem and making the
corrections on the newer model hearing aids.

I think the hearing aid manufacturers need to take care of their
customers
by fixing this problem at no charge. Afterall, We are only talking about
a few people who are affected by this problem. But this is not going
to happen. To make the modifications would interfere with their
profits.

On the positive side, I have been very pleased with my Oticon hearing
aids.
I just wished I could get rid of this interference.