thinking about getting NoaH

keskritt at SPRYNET.COM keskritt at SPRYNET.COM
Tue Sep 9 17:15:25 EST 1997

I have been using NoaH for about a year and a half, and have been quite pleased
with the versatility of the software.  We use NoaH in conjunction with our
office management system Clarity, which allows us to access NoaH directly
through our patient files already stored in Clarity.  Previously, we had been
using a number of handheld programmers, which seem user friendly enough, but
take up a lot of storage space when you begin to accumulate a programmer for
each company.

NoaH software is pretty user friendly.  As well, the NoaH compatible software
provided by the manufacturers are also pretty user friendly, although some of
them take a bit of trial and error to successfully program the aid initially.
For the most part, I think the best thing about NoaH is that once you have
programmed the aid, most manufacturers' software will let you print out a report
of your hearing aid settings, including patient information and serial numbers,
as well as fitting dates, etc.  So, in a busy clinic, you save a lot of time
this way, instead of copying all the settings down, after you have done your
fitting.  And, as you all know, some of these sophisticated programmable aids do
have a lot of parameters to adjust!

So, to make a long story short, I would say that I have been extremely satisfied
with our NoaH and HiPro system, and once using it, wouldn't ever want to go back
to the handheld programmers.  In the long run, the $1500 is sure worth the the
money, given that it has made my life relatively hassle-free when it comes to
fitting the programmable aids.

Kimberly A. Eskritt, M.Cl.Sc., Reg CASLPO
Audiologist