Digital Comparisons

RSiegel663 rsiegel663 at aol.com
Mon Sep 15 22:04:47 EST 1997

>Subject: Re: Digital Comparisons
>From: "jbell at barint.on.ca" <jbell at barint.on.ca>
>Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 21:55:18 -0400
>

>My Senso C18's are high power aids that can go as high as a 100db to
>145db range.
>Oticon are just thinking about a high power model. They have told me
>that their model is appropriate for losses up to 85-90 db.
>
>In Canada the cost of the Senso is C$1050 or US$1000. Dispensing adds
>$350. Total for my two aids was $2800.. but they are well worth it. It
>seems to me that US costs are much higher..Wonder why?
>
>Howard Moss wrote:
>
>> Could you tell me the rough price range you're talking about
>> for these aids? And are they for severe losses or for "non-severe"
>> ones.
>>
>> --
>> Howard Moss
>> hmoss at sr.hp.com
>> Rohnert Park, CA

First  of all We are not supposed to discuss pricing in this group, but ,
correct me if I'm wrong doesn't the national insurance program in Canada
help with some of the cost of the aids????

If I am wrong I sure would like to find their suppliers, because
you apparently purchased your aids for a heck of a lot less than wholesale
cost to any U.S. dispensing facility.

Widex has a web page why not contact them directly?

Robert B. Siegel M.S. CCC-A, BC-HIS
Family Hearing Centers
2001 Lincoln Dr W.   Suite E
Marlton, NJ 08053-1531