Senso Markup

Douglas Wood woodd at DGABBY.MFLDCLIN.EDU
Thu Sep 18 08:18:12 EST 1997

Jbell:

Nothing in the discussions has either implied or stated that the pricing differential
has to do with the markup for hearing aids. The only implication is that Widex may
charge US dispensers more for the Senso than our counterparts to the north. It
also appears that this pricing differential may be directly related to the differences
in our respective healthcare delivery systems. Please don't go making sweeping
generalizations and drawing conclusions based on little or no information.

Speaking of sweeping generalizations--your comment about this newsgroup being
run by audiologists- well, Mr. Meier simply attempted to point out to you the RULES
set down--NOT BY AUDIOLOGISTS--but by the administrator of the group. The rules
are made by administrators, who are not audiologists, but who do provide a forum
such as this. We should be grateful. However, having said that, please don't lose
sight of the fact that this is an AUDIOLOGY newsgroup devoted to discussion of
audiology topics. While not a closed list, it is primarily directed to professionals
(i.e., audiologists) for a discussion of relevant issues. So if it seems odd to you
that there are an overwhelming number of audiologists responding and commenting
on this group, remember-IT IS AN AUDIOLOGY NEWSGROUP!

Enough said.
Doug