Widex Senso Pricing

RSiegel663 rsiegel663 at aol.com
Thu Sep 18 21:48:53 EST 1997

>I'll take credit for stirring this controversey. See my previous posts for
>info on
>my Canadian Sensos.

You continue to push your impression of apparently limited information and
make broad swipes of the " you guys are ripping us po' consumers off"
brush.  Your stated cost of the aid doesn't make sense, but to settle the
point I will contact some people I know in Canada and get some complete
answers for you and not just imply misrepresentation.
>.my dispensing >30% of>the aid cost.

Something does not make sense here.  This is a reasonable markeup on a
consumer product, but I thought that the cost of these things included the
professional services and time of the dispensing facility???

>So whats your dispensing cost? If users in the US are paying...

My dispensing costs are rent, lights, payroll, and all other costs of
maintaining a practice.  THIS IS CALLED OVERHEAD.
 >So
>lets put the problem where it belongs and not on Widex.

Nice brushstroke!
>. And yes the government
>will pay $260 of my cost and my med insurance will pay $1000 just as your
>HMO's

??????????    Which HMO'S   !!!?!
Is this paid to you as reimbursement?

> but these are at arms length from the dispensing so are no justification for
>jacking up the prices. So bottom line the Danish saga is just another red
>herring.

Oh! Arms length   So it is in addition to the previous stated charges!?
This would bring the costs to how much???  My math sums this to more than
I charge in my office.

Your red herring looks more like a fisherman's story than reality.

I will reply when I get the information about the Health Care System
payment methods in Canada.  Please discuss your questions answrers and
opinions, But please honor the guidelines in this group
DO NOT DISCUSS PRICING IN THE NEWSGROUP.
 I will gladly e-mail if you want to get specific on $, but not in this venue!

Robert B. Siegel M.S. CCC-A, BC-HIS
Family Hearing Centers
2001 Lincoln Dr W.   Suite E
Marlton, NJ 08053-1531