Widex Senso Pricing

jbell at barint.on.ca jbell at barint.on.ca
Thu Sep 18 20:26:21 EST 1997

I'll take credit for stirring this controversey. See my previous posts for info on
my Canadian Sensos..Cost C$1050 each about $750US..my dispensing C$325. or 30% of
the aid cost. So whats your dispensing cost? If users in the US are paying $2900
for an aid that ahearing-aid sells for $1200US its pretty easy to calculate. So
lets put the problem where it belongs and not on Widex. And yes the government
will pay $260 of my cost and my med insurance will pay $1000 just as your HMO's
will but these are at arms length from the dispensing so are no justification for
jacking up the prices. So bottom line the Danish saga is just another red herring.