Help With Managed Care Provider Problem

Oregon7 oregon7 at aol.com
Thu Sep 18 22:08:44 EST 1997

Not to switch subjects, but who can give me advice about how to become a
provider for different managed health care agencies?

We have called about 6 different medical agencies......one took our
application over the telephone, 3 haven't answered repeated phone messages,
and one asked for a letter but said their lists have been closed for 4
years.  That was the big one, Blue cross/HMO. They apparently will consider
a letter for a special exception or something.  The final one said they
don't cover any audiology costs unless it comes from an ENT or Otologist
office!!!

Does this make sense to anyone?  How can we provide a full service
audiology clinic, an independent audiology clinic, mind you, and not be
able to bill for insurance coverage for our patients?

I am beginning to see why many dispensing audiologists simply bundle all
the costs into the hearing aid price to avoid working with insurance companies.

Help help.  Any info or resources is really appreciated.  I hate to say
this, but contacting other local auds. has not been too successful as they
are not all that interested in competition from us in the first place  : - ).

MJ