Help With Managed Care Provider Problem

RSiegel663 rsiegel663 at aol.com
Fri Sep 19 20:00:41 EST 1997

>Subject: Help With Managed Care Provider Problem
>From: oregon7 at aol.com (Oregon7)
>Date: 19 Sep 1997 03:08:44 GMT
>Not to switch subjects, but who can give me advice about how to become a
>provider for different managed health care agencies?
>

>We have called about 6 different medical agencies

>..one>took application

> 3 haven't answered

> one asked for a letter but said their lists have been closed for 4
>years.

>The final one said they
>don't cover any audiology costs unless it comes from an ENT or Otologist
>office!!!

> How can we provide a full service

>, and not be
>able to bill for insurance coverage for our patients?

>I am beginning to see why many dispensing audiologists simply bundle all
>the costs into the hearing aid price to avoid working with insurance
>companies.

The only advice is call call call ask for department heads and go to their
offices to speak with someone if necessary.

Tell them how they will SAVE MONEY if the refer to you rather than through
a physicians office  for Audiological work.  They only pay for the services
you provide, not a medical office visit AND testing services.
Bundling helps only if the patient buys an aid, you can't bundle when
someone comes in for diagnostics only.

Contact ADA as well as ASHA Ombudsman to see what specifics they can provide.

Good luck. keep me posted I'll try to get more info if I can.

Robert B. Siegel M.S. CCC-A, BC-HIS
Family Hearing Centers
2001 Lincoln Dr W.   Suite E
Marlton, NJ 08053-1531