Why Purchasing a Hearing Aid is a Consumer Nightmare

Oregon7 oregon7 at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 23:56:21 EST 1997

Today I heard a story about a hearing aid provider that discredits us
all.......a retirement home director told me a story about a 97 year old
man who was sold a pair of aids by 1 person for several thousand dollars,
then 4 months later sold another set of aids that were more than the first aids.

This individual has extremely poor word discrimination and the hearing
aids were not able to assist in improving this situation.

The retirement home director was contacted by the family who became
concerned and in turn, she was really turned off to hearing aid providers.
Fortunately, we were able to persuade her to give our audiologists a chance
at it.

I really don't enjoy hearing these tales......

Marsha Johnson, M.S., CCC-A