Pricing

Brad whitneyb at erols.com
Wed Sep 24 09:41:16 EST 1997

In article <199709241309.IAA26010 at dgabby.mfldclin.edu>,
woodd at DGABBY.MFLDCLIN.EDU says...

>Since it has become apparent that Jbell is not interested in the rules that
gove
>rn this
>particular newsgroup and seems determined to have his way-and will not
tolerate
>anyone in disagreement-I propose that he be officially banned from the
group.

----- snipped ------

NO ONE, BUT NO ONE, MAY BAN AN INDIVIDUAL FROM ANY INTERNET NEWSGROUP.

If you want strict control of content and membership you must take these
activities out of the Internet Newgroup Domain.

This is a violation of the Internet Newsgroup concept as well as free
speech, no matter how unwelcome the comments may be.

If Doug Wood's mindset is typical of the participants of this newsgroup then
the newsgroup sould be terminated immediatly!

Comments such as this one have done considerable damage to the industry
by further promoting the shady image hearing aid dispensing industry
already suffers.  Todays posts, by practicing audologists, tell two
horror stories of crimes against consumers.  If you hear about two cases of
customer abuse, then hundreds are occuring weekly.

These things would not happen of the consumers were better educated
but the industry, which should be a primary focus of this newsgroup.