Digital Comparisons

d1tech1 d1tech1 at worldbank.org
Wed Sep 24 14:58:18 EST 1997

On 16 Sep 1997 15:33:23 GMT, whitneyb at erols.com (Brad Whitney) wrote:

>Lets all of us U.S. consumers go to Denmark,  or Canada, for our aids and
>we'll all have a vacation and save money, all at the expense of our local
>dealers!
>
>Come on all you audiologists and dispensers, start raising hell with
>Widex on their US pricing Policies!  The above ad is tangable proof of
>discriminitory pricing practices on the US market. Now go get'em.
>

>Brad H. Whitney
>Just an abused potential Widex Consumer.

Thank for your discussion. Let's me tell you my experience. I tried a
pair of the latest SENSO-CIC (completely in the ear) model at the
price of US$6,100. That's the price in Washington DC area. That's
incredibly high. I later found out that prices in Europe are much
cheaper and decided to return the pair (luckily with a full refund
because of the promotion).

Is that their natural monopoly in CIC technology that Widex can charge
that discriminate price for US customers? Or is that their judgement
that people in the US want to pay the higher price for the discreet of
wearing CIC (I heard people in Europe like the BTEs since they are
more powerful and have longer battery life).