WWW: Hardin Meta Directory update - Otolaryngology

Eric Rumsey eric-rumsey at uiowa.edu
Wed Sep 24 11:18:58 EST 1997

This is to announce an updated version of the Hardin Meta Directory web
page for Otolaryngology. All links have been checked to confirm connection
and new links have been added, including the following:

-Project HIIT: Internet for the Hearing Impaired, Disabled People's
Association of Singapore
-MedWeb: Otolaryngology
-North MHC Library (Minnesota) - Otorhinolaryngology
-HealthyWay: Hearing, MediaLinx Interactive, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

A *new and important feature* for Hardin MD is that we are now using a
link checker to check the connection rate for the lists that are included.
Generally the lists with better connection rates are toward the top of
their size category (although size of the list is also a consideration in
placement). Lists on the updated Hardin MD Otolaryngology page with
especially good connection rates include:

-Otolaryngology Resources on the Internet, Ron Kuppersmith, Baylor Coll Med
-MedMark - Otorhinolaryngology, Ildo Shin, MedMark Team, Korea
-Karolinska MIC-KIBIC MeSH Index - Otorhinolaryngologic Diseases
-MedWeb: Hearing
-Project HIIT: Internet for the Hearing Impaired, Disabled People's
Association of Singapore
-MedWeb: Otolaryngology
-Yahoo:Health:Medicine:Otolaryngology
-North MHC Library (Minnesota) - Otorhinolaryngology
-HealthyWay: Hearing, MediaLinx Interactive, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Of course, using our link checker, the links on our own pages have
superlative connection rates, generally above 98%.

The URL for the Hardin Meta Directory Otolaryngology page is -
http://www.arcade.uiowa.edu/hardin-www/md-oto.html

Please check it out !

Please post this message to appropriate listservs.

If you would like to receive e-mail notices for ALL Hardin MD updates (1-2
messages per wk, on all medical/health subjects), please e-mail me
directly at rumsey at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu. DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS
MESSAGE. Please mention the listserv or newsgroup on which you see this
notice.

Eric Rumsey, Hardin Library for the Health Sciences
University of Iowa, Iowa City IA 52242
<eric-rumsey at uiowa.edu>
319-335-9875 (voice), 319-335-9897 (fax)
Hardin Meta Directory of Internet Health Sources
http://www.arcade.uiowa.edu/hardin-www/md.html
Featured in Internet Medicine (Lippincott-Raven), June 1997