Digital Comparisons

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at HCTC.NET
Fri Sep 26 23:40:30 EST 1997

<jbell at barint.on.ca> writes:

>I'm thinking of offering a travel package to Ontario. You arrange your own
>transport, bring your own molds and we will set you up in a hotel for 2
>nights, fit new Senso's, give you a tour of Niagara Falls and send you home
>again. I figure I can do that for about half of what you are being quoted. (No
>prices please) Any takers?

This idea is so absolutely ridiculous, I can't stand it anymore !!!

Hearing aids are considered a medical device, selected, fit, and maintained
by trained and licensed medical professions.  If you choose to be cared for
by a university trained audiologist, fine.  If you choose a hearing aid dealer,
fine too.  But remember that the price difference between the two is almost nil.

Back to medical devices... So, what happens in one month when you need an adjustment
in your program?  Are you planning on traveling to Canada again.  How about in one
year when your hearing changes and you need the prescription increased?  (Remember,
the Senso has no volume control.) You planning another trip to Canada? No, you'll show
up at your local audiologist's door looking for an adjustment, then screaming when he/she
charges you $50 professional fee when he/she would have done it for nothing if you had
bought it from them.  I'm sure your argument will be that X number of $50 visits to the
local folks is fine when you're saving Y dollars.

Medical devices... Since you're ready to travel to Canada for hearings... How about a
pace maker, would you travel to save a few bucks here?  How about an artifical limb?
What about an operation?

It's your life, your body, and your money.  Do what you please, but stop complaining
about it...