Hyperacusis

John Richards JLFB63A at prodigy.com
Sun Sep 28 14:02:25 EST 1997

When we first noticed that our son was having trouble with hearing
sensitivitywe had his UCL's tested by audiologists...because our son has
a moderate-profound hearing loss and his UCL's were at his hearing
threshold, many audilogists thought that the tester made a mistake...He
was observed having difficulty in certain loud noises plus was tested
with consistant results with very low UCL's..........It is that
audiologists are not familiar with hyperacusis or what....I am very
thinkful that we were told by an audioloigist in Tx. that she thought our
son's condition was hyperacusis and she refered us to Maryland Jastreboff.
...I would like to hear from audiologists and what the deal is?????