Widex Senso Pricing

Rob Smith robs at bconnex.net
Mon Sep 29 16:26:30 EST 1997

I just purchased a Widex Senso hearing aid for my mom - total cost to
me was $1229.85 Canadian dollars. This included audiogram, ear
impression, 8 batteries, and dispensing fee. It works wonderfully.
I suspect that the audiologists in the USA are naturally protecting
their turf with the no price discusion rule. It appears that US
customers are paying a much higher dispensing fee.

I was told that Widex is now manufacturing Senso hearing aids in
Canada. Can anyone confirm this? It may have a bearing on the cost
differential between Canada and the US.