problem: rattling sensation in ears

SmrtEMT smrtemt at aol.com
Tue Sep 30 12:17:11 EST 1997

>Does anyone know what might cause a rattling sensation in the
>ear?  At certain frequencies and intensities of sounds (and
>this varies from day to day) I feel a sensation of physical
>rattling, just behind the ear drum.  I saw an audiologist
>and he said he didn't know what was causing it, and otherwise
>the ears were diagnosed as normal.  Any ideas?  It is particularly
>set off by high pitched piano keys or vibrating things like
>electric shavers.

Hi...I'm not an audiologist but was wondering if you have a 0dB in 8000?  In
 all my hearing charts, I have 0dB in 8000 and was told by my audiologist that
 it is possible that my hearing for the high frequency could go up higher than
 the 8000 freq.  I hear stuff that I have wonder over the years what it
 was...thought I had ringing in the ears.  It was the signal from the TV that I
 was hearing that not everybody can hear.  I would be in another room and can
 tell people if the TV is on or not...weird huh?  It does hurt my ears to hear
 the high frequency like the high pitched piano keys and brakes on the cars
 squeak.  I think when it hurts your ears, you get ringing afterwards.  You
 probably can hear past the 8000 frequency.  It isn't very comfortable to hear
 things in the high frequency...

ALS