Widex Senso Pricing

Sandra and Dan Hobson danhobson at netins.net
Tue Sep 30 23:24:49 EST 1997

Seems like everyone is being "wowed" by the new digital technlogy...and
currently the Senso is getting alot of hype.  I have talked to a number of
Senso users and yes it is good technology...but it is still just a tool.
Some report they miss their Volume Control...or it just seems too "soft".
Again no hearing aid can do it all... we are still dealing with a
pathological ear and the heearing aid is still not smart enough to know
what our brain "wants" to listen to in different situations.  For example,
the hard of hearing person goes to say a sports party,with the ballgame on
tv and one group in the room is focused on that and discussing the game and
the other group in the room is more interested in catching up with one
another's activities, families, etc. ...the hearing aid is not smart enough
to know which you want to focus on...you still have to position yourself,
watch your lighting, etc.  We have to remember the person still has that
responsibility as well as making sure the hearing aid is clean, battery is
good and inserted, etc.  The person is ultimately responsible for listening
to what is in hearing range, and making use of appropriate tools.

Smile,    Sandra Hobson