Audiology Update '98

CharlesHarney CharlesHarney at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 2 12:19:05 EST 1998

In June of this year the Puerto Rico Academy of Audiology will be
sponsoring a two day series of seminars on major areas of our field with
a view of trying to prepare our membership for the AAA board
certification test, as well as the state licensing exam. Separate topics
on otoacoustic emissions, AER, balance evaluations, cochlear implants,
congenital hearing loss, adquired hearing loss, psychoacoustics,
auditory neurophysiology, outer and middle ear disorders, medical/legal
issues, OSHA regulations, amplification (4 areas) will be covered in
1hour 15 minute segments with the emphasis on clinical applicability.
After each session a written test will be distributed to participants.
Two panel discussions addressing specific etiologies with case studies
will be presented after the end of the mornings' individual
presentations.  AAA CEU's will be applied for.  If interested contact:
Charles L. Harney, M.A. (787) 724-7270 Fax:722-0015  or email
charlieharney at worldnet.att.net