hearing aids for profound hearing loss?

MCNEILL MCNEILL at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 4 15:26:38 EST 1998

Langche Zeng wrote in message ...
>Greeting! I recently had a hearing test and the audiogram is like this:
>
>      Hz       250  500   750    1k   1.5k   2k   3k    4k   8k
>
>    left       5     5    10     15    65    70   90    90   80
>db
>    right      0     5    10     35    70    85   100   105  105
>

>4. Any recommendation about the type/brand of hearing aids I should get
>(if I should get any at all)?
>
>I would appreciate your help very much. Thanks,
>

>Langche Zeng
>
>lzeng at fas.harvard.edu

There are several hearing aids available for hearing losses like yours. The
Widex Senso is only one of the options. I would like to encourage you to try
one in each ear and appreciate the improvement in group conversation and
background noise situations. I have several patients with hearing losses
similar to yours who are very satisfied with their hearing aids. One which I
find particularly good is the Phonak  Sono-Forte Audio Zoom.