Effective use of filters for sorting messages

Ron Blue rcb5 at msn.com
Sun Jul 26 09:48:16 EST 1998

After experiencing a backlog of about 400 messages, I started a new procedure
that I think might interest the readers.   I normally use the filters in
Internet Explorer
to get rid of junk mail by looking for key words to delete a message and save me
time.  Well the same approach can be used to sort messages.  I set up main files
like Neuro-Science, my name, TIPS, etc.  If a message is sent to a discussion
group it is filtered to the file that I set.  The important file my name and
email
address is the one I check first.  It shows up black if a new message has
arrived.
The messages that are not filter are easy to delete based on the title without
to much effort.  I would highly recommend the procedure.

Ron Blue