simple/cheap circuit for "dog chaser" or "ultrasonic pest repeller"

bigdiq at hotmail.com bigdiq at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 2 23:46:54 EST 1998

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone knew of a simple, cheap circuit to create very high
pitched sounds (20-85khz variable would be nice).  I had a device called "The
Phazer" which purported to chase away dogs , it created a very high-pitched
noise from a large metal transducer (it didn't look piezo- anyone know what
it is?)
I have also seen "electronic pest chasers" which suggest "ultrasonic waves"
chase away everything from insects to rodents (they have different frequency
settings for insects, rodents, birds, and cats/dogs.) Does anyone know if
this actually works on insects and birds (I've seen the effect on cats and
dogs) and if so, what approximate frequency ranges are appropriate?

Last electronics question:
Some of these products also advertise some sort of extra effect thru some
sort of magentic wave induced back into the home's AC wiring ("Makes your
whole house repellant to pests!"). Can anyone explain (or venture an educated
guess as to how this works?)

Thanks very much!!!
Please reply to:
bigdiq at hotmail.com