Starting A Private Practice

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at hctc.net
Tue Jun 2 23:47:27 EST 1998

I am looking for materials on starting a private practice.  I am reading
the Hosford-Dunn, Dunn, and Harford book as a starter, but am looking for
something that might give a step-by-step guide to applying for a Medicare
provider number, a Medicaid provider number, and applying to insurance
companies to become providers.  Are there any materials put togther by ASHA
and/or AAA giving directions for such?  How about materials on what
Medicare. Medicaid, and third party payers will reimburse audiologists for
in private practice?

Thanks for your help...

Jeff