Occlusion effect with Widex Sensos

Alfred Lopez lopezal at fiu.edu
Sat Jun 13 01:16:01 EST 1998

this is an appeal for help/input/advice

has anyone reading the group had any *more* trouble with occlusion with
Widex Senso fittings compared to other non-digital products?

I seem to be having more patients complain of this than "normal"
(whatever *that* is   :-)  )  with the Sensos in particular.  This seems
to be true whether the model is a CIC, canal, or ITE instrument.

I'm not doing anything different with my impression style, and the
complaints seem to be worse with the Sensos.  but, maybe its just me?
Anyone else have this problem seem to be more prevelant with Sensos?
I'm trying the F1 filter settings, and also trying reduction of the HTLs
for the low band and this works sometimes, but doesn't seem to be
completely resolving the problem.

Also, our Widex audiology support recommended using a "collector vent"
which is basically shaving off the end of the shell for the vent
compared to the shell canal portion for the receiver.  This also seems
to help *some.*  but still, this problem seems to be darn persistent.

I'm new to Widex Sensos, and I don't have that much experience with them
under my belt yet.  Any words of wisdom from those with extensive
experience with the Senso...does occlusion seem to be more of a problem
with these aids?  (no comments about widening vents, either, been there,
done that.....again, not completely satisfactory results....)

THANKS for any/all comments!
Susan Lopez
ajlopez at fiu.edu