For fun only...

Diana Soweres and Chuck Michel cmichel at netusa1.net
Sat Jun 13 01:16:37 EST 1998

Hey, everyone!

I read this on "News of the Wierd" on the internet.  Thought some
audiologists might get a good laugh out of this.  I do not think this
should offend anyone, so try to be light-hearted and enjoy a little
chuckle.

Diana

NEWS OF THE WIERD 6-98

* In February, according to Kenya's largest newspaper The Nation,
a Nairobi physician who had just removed a bean from a young
girl's ear jammed it back in when her parents came up short on
cash for the $6 procedure.  And in March, researchers at the
University of Texas at Austin announced they had found physical
differences in the inner ears of lesbians and straight women
(perhaps the first evidence of a pre-birth determination of female
homosexuality).  And in February, burglar Calvin Sewell became
the first person in Britain to be convicted with the help of his
earprint.  He had claimed an extraordinary ability to detect whether
a house was empty just by pressing his ear to a door for a few
minutes.