hearing aids after acoustic neuroma removal

John S Smith john at joatamon.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 14:04:28 EST 1998

Many apologies, I forgot to include the subject on the original post

Hello all,

I hope that this is a relevant post.

Having recently undergone an operation to remove an acoustic neuroma
which has resulted in a total loss of hearing in my left ear, I am
trying to find any and all information about current (and perhaps
future) hearing aids to give me some sort of return to stereo (is that
the correct word?) hearing. The aid should be as unobtrusive as possible.

I am an extremly fit 53 year old (squash/scuba) and, if it is
relevant, wear glasses (wire framed).

Does anyone know of or is perhaps developing or has an idea or
information for any such aids?
Any information or advice will be gratefully received.

Many thanks and regards

John Smith

John S Smith
Voice: +44(0)1202 734701
22 Palmerston Road, Parkstone                                                 Fax:
+44(0)1202 716644
Poole.  Dorset  BH14 9HH  UK                                                  email:
john at joatamon.demon.co.uk