BC/BS 38000 in Texas

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at hctc.net
Thu Jun 18 11:57:06 EST 1998

An update:

I spoke with our regional field representative for BC/BS.  He said that the
revised benefits that I described below are for the disputed case only,
which is a HUGE relief, and that the $500 per ear every three year benefit
would remain in place, for the time being.  My office manager was under the
impression that it was going to be a change for all participants in the
BC/BS 38000 members.  She played "devil's advocate" and took the position
of "Is this fair to all the BC/BS 38000 members if BC/BS revises the
benefits allowed in a disputed case as I've described below", which I kind
of see her point.  In any event, I told the field representative that I
would be delighted if asked to sit in as a consult when and if benefit
guidelines are changed.  I recommend all Texas providers of this plan to do
the same.

Jeff