Hearing aids

Jeanette Southgate js71aud at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 19 14:29:11 EST 1998

This is a difficult question to answer.

The range for ITE ranges from £75 (NHS ITE) to £2,000 cost
price but when you see a private dispenser you have
to add on his over-heads (a bit like if you buy a t-shirt
it may only actually cost £4 to produce but you pay £10)

The most important factor is that you receive a hearing aid
that is appropriate for your hearing loss. If your loss is severe to
profound then you should really be considering a BTE.

You need to decide if you want an analogue or digital aid
and whether you want remote controls/loop systems/fixed or
variable volume control/output limiting etc,.etc,.

Hope this helps
Jeanette Southgate

(Audiological Scientist)