History of Loudspeaker?

wgeiger at my-dejanews.com wgeiger at my-dejanews.com
Fri Mar 19 00:05:51 EST 1999

Noral,

This is an excellent question.  I checked my technical library for an answer,
and found, much to my surprise, credits cited were limited.  The definition
needs to sharpened for the date given, as it applies to "direct radiating
loudspeakers" only. The telephone was invented in 1876 and incorporated both a
microphone and a loudspeaker.

A short but comprehensive history on Acoustics can be found in the following
text:

"Acoustical Measurements", Leo J. Beranek
It is available form the Acoustical Society of America.
Yes, they have a web site.

Regards,

WHG