How do Humans Perceive Simultaneous Sounds?

Noral D. Stewart noral at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 26 15:02:05 EST 1999

You did very well to come up with 30 milliseconds.  That is the number I
would have given you.  We sometimes allow a little more in practical
situations, not more than 50 ms.  Look for some books on architectural
acoustics, specifically room acoustics.  This is an important factor in
the design of rooms for music and speech clarity.  I am forwarding your
post to alt.sci.physics.acoustics where others may have comments.

Noral Stewart