Excessive Moisture Problems

Sandra Soslowsky sandra_soslowsky at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 15:02:51 EST 1999

This may not help in this case, as it seems you have gone past the point
of being able to return the instruments to the manufacturer and try a
different brand, but just for future knowledge:

There is an instrument put out by Rion/Starkey (HB-54) that is supposed
to be water-proof up to 3 ft of water! The problem is they are only
available in BTE models.  I have used it on a couple of my patients in
the past with good results including a fireman and a landscaper(we get a
lot of "sweaters" here in AZ, especially in the 120 degree summers).  It
is my understanding that they have expanded the line to include a power
linear through an AGC unit.  This is the only type of unit that I have
had much success with when it comes to perspiration problems.

FYI: Rion phone# 800-328-8602  website: www.rion.co.jp

Good Luck!
Sandra M.G. Soslowsky, M.S., CCC-A
HearUSA