Excessive Moisture Problems

Cavitt cavitt2 at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 26 15:02:57 EST 1999

Jeff,
I only have a few suggestions:
1. Send the aids into Phonak and have them moisture sealed.  I think it is an
extra $10 charge.  This has worked for some of my patients.  Also a wind hood
can be beneficial to not let perspiration roll right into the microphone.
2. I have also had AdHears be of some benfit with this problem.  I know that
they cannot completely stop moisture from getting into the receiver but it
slowed down the process so my patient could make it to bedtime without it
cuttuing out.
3. I have only seen the Dry and Store in action within the last few months with
some good results.  You might want to purchase a demo/loaner unit for your
office to let patients use.  If it works for them then they can purchase a new
one from you!
Good luck and I hope to see you at AAA!
Kim Cavitt