audioman at hctc.net
Tue Sep 21 17:30:08 EST 1999
From ASHA Listserve...
From: Henry & Susan Murray <hensan at mango.zw>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:45:02 +0200
Subject: USA VISIT
I obtained your address through the internet.
I am one of only two Audiologists in private practice in Zimbabwe. I am
planning to start a Hearing Helpline in Zimbabwe as part of a Master's
I hope to visit the USA together with my husband during October 1999. We
will start our visit in the West where he will be attending a conference
in Colorado Springs from 2 - 14 October. Thereafter we plan to rent a car
and tour across the USA to the East coast. I would like to use the
opportunity to visit Audiology centres and organizations during that
time. More specific, I am looking for information regards setting up such
a Helpline as well as attitudes towards hearing loss and hearing aids.
I would appreciate:
1. Any suggestions regards a possible visit to your facility and also any
other relevant information in this regard.
2. Names and Addresses (E-mail if available) of organizations and centres
in a) California and Colorado,
b) on our route across the country as well as
c) anywhere between Miami and New York.
We plan to be in the East round end October - beginning November.
3. Any suggestions and useful information regards setting up a Hearing
4. Information regards attitudes towards hearing loss and
5. Any organization or institute that can be approached
regards possible funding/sponsoring such a research project in Zimbabwe.
Looking forward to your reply
From: hensan at mango.zw
More information about the Audiolog