Old Valve (tube) Deaf-aid sought

Bill J maestro at cix.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 19:10:29 EST 2000

Could anyone spare a working, or nearly-working, vintage Hearing Aid, so
that I can try to convert it to a Long and Medium Wave radio? We used to
do that at school in the mid 1950s.

Batteries not needed; but headband with one or both earpieces working
needed; also more than half the valves (tubes) need to be OK.

I could remit cash (US$) to a reasonable sum to include postage to the UK.

I'm not a collector nor planning to become one, so NOT interested in the
sort of price a collector might pay for a very good specimen in good
working order. Looks and condition don't matter for my purpose.

If anyone else has tried such a daft idea, I'd be glad of advice and
comments.

Thanks,
Bill
(Edinburgh, Scotland)