Amateur question

Steve Ungstad steve_ungstad at hp.com
Thu Mar 9 02:47:19 EST 2000

Question for the pro's:

It occurs to me that the Cochlea function depends on a differential wave
velocity in the two sides of the spiral. Is this know to be true and is
there a hearing dysfunction that is the result of the loss of some
special low velocity fluid in one half? I am assuming that the stimuli
peaks where the differential velocity produces a 180 degree differential
across the separating membrane. Is there a mechanism that drives the two
half's with an initial phase difference?

Just curious,
Steve Ungstad

steve_ungstad at agilent.com