Stapedectomy - Ototsclerosis

Baillie baillie at icon.co.za
Fri Dec 7 04:32:13 EST 2001

Hi Everyone

I went in as scheduled for the stapedectomy, but could not have the actual
procedure done.  When the surgeon opened up, he found the entire stapes bone
covered in excess bone growth.  He said that he could not locate the
footplate safely to implant the prosthesis.

What now?  I am to see the doctor again on thursday to discuss further
options.  I remember reading about fluoride supplements.  Does anyone
perhaps any information on this?  Perhaps some additional links where I
could do some reading?

Thanks

Valda