discrimination testing

Rainer Blum 1184-805 at onlinehome.de
Sat Jan 20 09:03:29 EST 2001

Hello Jon,

I think you should make speech audiometry in
noise: BILD (Binaural intelligebility level difference)
or a tone test in noise: BMLD (binaural masking level difference)
to measure your ability to suppress noise.
Suppressing noise is one important effect of normal binaural hearing.
(an other important effect is localisation)
With this tests you get information how your both ears
work together.

Rainer Blum