high powered DSP hearing aids

Sarah Livingstone santen at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 3 03:58:19 EST 2001

I am a prelingually profoundly deaf 16 year old who is fully oral and have
pretty good speech.  My parents and teachers have put in a lot of work when
I was young to get me to where I am today.
I am currently binaurally aided with high powered digitally programmable
Bernafon PB 675 hearing aids.  I also use a Sennheiser FM in certain
classroom situations that require me to hear my teacher with greater
clarity.

My current hearing levels are as follows
250Hz R 95 dB L 90 dB 500Hz R 100 dB  L 100dB
1KHz  R 110 dB   L 100 dB 2 KHz  R 115dB  L 100dB
3KHz  R  110 dB   L 90 dB 4KHz   R 115dB  L 95 dB
6 KHz  R 120 dB   L 95 dB   8 KHz   R 100dB  L  95 dB

My moulds have 4mm Libby Horns which have been of great help to allow me to
hear the high frequency speech sounds.

I would like to access fully digital hearing aids and I would be grateful if
you could let me know if there are any in the market that would be able to
give enough gain and access to speech sounds.

I would appreciate advice on fully digital aids ( DSP) aids for my level of
hearing loss.
Thank you for your help

Johan Santen